July 2015 marked our Managing Directors 40th year with PC Richardson & Co Ltd.
Peter Richardson, who began working for the company in 1975 at the tender age of 15 has shown true dedication and commitment to PCR. Having started as a tea and coffee boy, and moving through the ranks, first as an apprentice steeplejack, to qualified steeplejack, to project manager and so on, he was eventually appointed managing director in September 1991, taking the role on from his father, Mr J F Richardson.
Peter marked the third Richardson generation to take on this position. The founder, Mr Percy Charles Richardson (Peter’s grandfather) was originally a brick layer working in the North East of England until he eventually established PC Richardson & Co Ltd in 1918. PCR quickly diversified and operated in the Chimney Maintenance and Erection sector.
Over the past 97 years, the areas in which PCR operates has expanded considerably, to include;
· Repair and Maintenance of Tall Structures
· Repair and Maintenance of Road & Rail Bridges
· Nuclear Decommissioning
· Access Specialists
After almost a century, PCR continues to go from strength to strength and we hope this continues for many more years!