- Renewal of Rail Bridge structures during 58-hour possessions
- Refurbishment of masonry Viaducts
- Strengthening repairs to the Grade II listed Royal Border Bridge in Berwick upon Tweed
- Refurbishment of Redundant Rail Viaducts to allow for pedestrian and cycle traffic
- Structural Repairs of Steel bridges including industrial coating
- Replacement of failed Bridge Bearings, notably the M6 Thelwall Viaduct, in which PCR working with the main contractor John Martins Construction Limited installed the structural steelwork required to support these new bearings
- Strengthening of Irwell Viaduct on the M60 Motorway
- Installation of Matrix gantries on the M60 Motorway
- Installing Bridge support steelwork for the Wigmore Viaduct on the M5 Motorway
Within our in-house team we employ Scaffolders, Riggers, Platers, Welders, Bricklayers and General Operatives.
- Structural steel replacement
- Removal of rail timber decks and replacement with new steel decks
- Waterproof decking
- Erection of suspended scaffolding and purpose made suspension platforms
- Installation of artificial stone (Bagrat)
- Installation of tie bars & Cintec Harke anchors
- Shot blasting & painting including sponge blasting
- Masonry block renewal
- Grouting voids and fissures using foamed concrete
- Bat Surveys
- Masonry re-pointing
- Provision of hydraulic work platforms
PCR carry out extensive repairs and maintenance to a wide range of bridges including Steel highway bridges, Cable suspension bridges, and Steel Viaducts.
Repair and maintenance activities include, rivet replacement, web stiffener strengthening, top and bottom flange strengthening, installation of splice plates, resin bonding steel plates, installation of bridge bearings, jacking of bridges, shotblasting and painting steel bridges using ICATS operatives, provision of slung scaffolds, working in tidal zones, ventilation of work areas whilst industrial coating.
- Bridges repaired during rail possessions, all operatives hold PTS certificates
- London Underground and Network Rail, while our compliance and affiliation accreditors include: BSI (ISO 9001), Linkup and the ORR
- PCR have verification to RISQS policy number 059033
- PCR are certified to the The Register of Qualified Steelwork Contractors Scheme for Bridgeworks (RQSC)
- The new member will be installed in full compliance with the method statement and risk assessment
The RQSC allows certified users to work on the following
- Bridges made principally from plate girders
- Bridges made principally from trusswork
- Bridges with stiffened complex platework (eg in decks, box girders or arch boxes)
- Cable-supported bridges (eg cable-stayed or suspension) and other major structures (eg 100 metre span)
- Moving bridges
- Bridge refurbishment
- Footbridge and sign gantries
- Ancillary structures in steel associted with bridges, footbridges or sign gantries (eg grillages, purpose-made temporary works)
PCR routinely supply all Traffic Management and liaise with the bridge owner regarding traffic management.
PCR recently carried out the steelwork repair, shotblasting and painting of the A13 bridge in Barking, London; this bridge spans over the River Lea and is in a tidal section. The project called for the scaffolding, shotblasting and painting of the bridge within the tidal zone, we therefore developed a moisture curing paint system with our suppliers Akzo Nobel, additionally the scaffold needed to be designed to accept loads imposed by the water at high tide.
PCR also provided all rescue boats and trained rescue crews who were on stand by for the duration of the contract.
A recent contract was for the bearing replacement of the M6 Thelwall Viaduct, PCR provided all bridge strengthening and installment of support steelwork for the Bridge Jack