Repair and maintenance activities include rivet replacement, web stiffener strengthening, top and bottom flange strengthening, installation of splice plates, resin bonding steel plates, installation of bridge bearing, jacking of bridges, shot-blasting and painting steel bridges using ICATS operatives, provision of slung scaffolds, working in tidal zones, concrete repairs, and ventilation of work area when painting and shot-blasting.
We are accredited to London Underground and Network Rail and have in house Personal Track Safety (PTS) accredited operatives, while our compliance and affiliation accreditors include: BSI (ISO 9001) and Achilles UVDB. We have verification to RISQS, certificate number 059033.
We have capabilities to work on the following:-
- Bridges made principally from plate girders
- Bridges made principally from truss-work
- Bridges with stiffened complex plate-work (e.g. in decks, box girders or arch boxes)
- Cable-supported bridges (e.g. cable-stayed or suspension) and other major structures (e.g. 100 metre span)
- Moving bridges
- Bridge refurbishment
- Footbridge and sign gantries
- Ancillary structures in steel associated with bridges, footbridges or sign gantries (e.g. grillages, purpose-made temporary works)
- Parapet replacement; systems in mild steel, stainless steel and aluminium incorporating stainless steel wire rope, acrylic and toughened glass. Our team of engineers can take architectural concepts and preliminary designs from conception to manufacture and installation.
We provide NACE 2 and ICorr 2 Inspectors and can supply NACE 3 and ICorr 3 Senior Inspectors covering projects in the Power, Highways and Rail sectors. Scaffold is designed as per the National Access and Scaffolding Confederation (NASC) guidance and checked by independent verifying authorities. All scaffold is erected to comply with current guidance in Preventing Falls in scaffolding. Our CISRS accredited (Construction Industry Scaffolders Record Scheme) basic and advanced scaffolders can provide temporary access solutions to a wide range of projects.
We are approved Cintec installers to Level 4 which allows for the installation of strengthening anchors up to 6 metres.